Certification Examination Grant
The SDMS Foundation Certification Examination Grant Program provides grants to deserving sonography students and sonographers who wish to further their career by earning additional certifications or specialties. Applicants must successfully pass an approved sonography certification examination after being approved for a grant. The grant is paid after proof of passing is received and may be used for examination fees, travel to examination site, or study materials.
$250 plus a complimentary SDMS Registry Review Series study guide (only one certification examination grant per calendar year per applicant)
Grant recipients are responsible for determining the tax implications of all grants received. Please consult a tax professional if you have questions.
Grant Application Periods ‡
All grants have been allocated for the current cycle. The next application period will open on July 1, 2018.
- January 1 through March 31
- April 1 through June 30
- July 1 through September 30
- October 1 through December 31
‡ Applications accepted on a first come, first served basis subject to availability of funds.
- Current SDMS member in good standing at the time of application and date of payment. (Organizational members are not eligible.)
- Submit proof of application and acceptance by ARDMS or CCI to take a sonography examination.
- Demonstrate need by fully completing the SDMS Foundation Certification Examination Grant Program Online Application, including required attachment(s), before the application deadline.
- Only one SDMS Foundation grant (i.e. one Certification Examination grant OR one SDMS Educational grant) and one SDMS Foundation Scholarship may be awarded to the same individual within a calendar year.
- All applications must be completed online. Completed applications are reviewed based on eligibility criteria and availability of grant funds.
- Only the specific approved certification examination that is successfully completed/passed AFTER a grant has been approved is eligible for grant payment. Note: The SDMS Foundation will not pay for any certification examinations completed before the approval date of the grant application.
- The applicant must submit proof of successful completion (by email, fax, or mail) of the specific certification examination listed in the award email to be eligible for grant payment.
- Proof of successful completion of the approved certification examination must be received by the deadline listed in the grant award email, which is six (6) months from the date of the award email.
- Within three (3) weeks of submission of proof of successful completion, a check will be mailed to the grant recipient.
- Recipient must remain a member of the SDMS through the date of payment.