SDMS's core purpose is to enhance the art and science of medicine by advancing medical sonography. As an SDMS member you will join an exclusive network of over 27,000 sonographers and sonography students.
The SDMS provides opportunities to earn and offer continuing medical education (CME). We also have educational resources for the sonography community.
The SDMS offers resources for the sonography industry.
The SDMS supports credentialing for sonographers and provides representation on legislative and regulatory issues that affect the sonography profession.
Formed in 2009, the SDMS Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization affiliated with the SDMS. The SDMS Foundation fosters professional learning and excellence by working to improve the field of diagnostic medical sonography.
The SDMS provides various products for the sonography community.
The Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS) is a professional membership organization founded in 1970 to promote, advance, and educate its members and the medical community in the science of diagnostic medical sonography. The SDMS, with over 27,000 members, is the largest association of sonographers and sonography students in the world.
Effective Date: December 1, 2015
2. LIMITED LICENSE GRANTED. The SDMS grants users with a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the SDMS website strictly in accordance with this Agreement and solely for personal, non-commercial purposes.
3. USER OBLIGATIONS. Your license for access and use of the resources on the SDMS website is subject to the following user obligations. You agree to:
3.1 When setting up an account or initiating a financial transaction on the SDMS website, provide true, accurate, current, and complete information.
4. USER RESTRICTIONS AND PROHIBITIONS. Your license for access and use of the SDMS website is subject to the following restrictions and prohibitions on use. You agree NOT to:
4.1. Provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information on the SDMS website.
4.2 Sign in as another person or edit, modify, or delete any profile information or other records saved by any other person.
4.3 Attempt to violate or circumvent the security of the SDMS website or any SDMS system or to access data not intended for your use.
4.4 Share your SDMS website login username and password with others or allow others access resources intended for you. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login username and password and are responsible for all uses of your account, whether or not authorized by you.
4.7 Copy, print (except for the express limited purposes permitted), modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, republish, display, distribute, transmit, sell, license, rent, lease, loan, or otherwise make available in any form or by any means all or any portion of the SDMS website, except with written permission from the SDMS.
4.8 Use the SDMS website as a component of any information, storage and retrieval system, database, information base, or similar resource (in any media now existing or hereafter developed), that is offered for commercial distribution of any kind, including through sale, license, lease, rental, subscription, or any other commercial distribution mechanism.
5. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. The SDMS website and all right, title, and interest in the SDMS website are the sole property of the SDMS and protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties. The SDMS reserves all other rights, titles, and interests. The "look" and "feel" (including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design, and all other graphical elements) of the SDMS website are protected by SDMS's trademarks, service marks, or copyrights. All other product and service marks contained on the SDMS website are the trademarks of their respective owners. You agree that the SDMS website contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws.
7. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. The SDMS has made every effort to ensure the SDMS website works as designed, however, the SDMS makes no representations or warranties with respect to SDMS website which is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The SDMS disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The SDMS assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, incorrect delivery, or failure to store any information associated with the SDMS website or membership records.
8. LIABILITY DISCLAIMER. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SDMS, ITS AFFILIATED ORGANIZATIONS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, AND LICENSORS OR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR DELIVERY OF THE SDMS WEBSITE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD-PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, OR DATA RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SDMS WEBSITE; (II) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (III) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SDMS WEBSITE.
9. GENERAL TERMS.
9.2 User Remedies. You acknowledge that, except as expressly provided elsewhere in this Agreement, you have no rights with respect to any dissatisfaction with any modification or discontinuation of service made by the SDMS or any policies or practices in providing this SDMS website, including without limitation, any change in content or functionality. In no event shall you seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive, or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the SDMS 's services or any content or other material used or displayed through the SDMS website.
9.7 Term and Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. The SDMS, at its sole discretion, may terminate your access to or use of the SDMS website, at any time and for any reason. Such termination, including deactivation or deletion of your account or profile, and all related information associated with it may occur without prior notice. The SDMS shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the SDMS website. Sections 5 - 9 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
9.8 Notice. For purposes of service messages and notices about the services to registered users of the SDMS website, notice shall consist of an email from the SDMS to the email address in your SDMS website profile, regardless of any other information we may have. The SDMS also may, at its option, communicate with you through a SDMS membership account or through other means including email, mobile number, telephone, or delivery services including the US Postal Service about your account or services associated with the SDMS website. The SDMS shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to maintain accurate contact or other information, including, but not limited to, liability for failure to receive important information about the SDMS website.
9.11. Privacy Information. The SDMS recognizes the importance of protecting the information that we collect from users during their use of the SDMS website. The information collected is used for providing and improving our services. This includes operating the services, maintaining, and improving the performance of the services, including developing new features, research, and providing customer support. Examples of such uses include the following.
10.0. SDMS Contact. If you have questions about any of the provisions described above, please contact the SDMS at email@example.com.
2745 Dallas Pkwy Ste 350, Plano, TX 75093 USA
Tel: +1 214.473.8057 or 1.800.229.9506
Fax: +1 214.473.8563
© 2017 Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography