Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
...your best career investment
The Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography was founded in 1970 to promote, advance, and educate its members and the medical community in the science of Diagnostic Medical Sonography. The Society achieves its purpose by:
- seeking the cooperation of similar organizations;
- initiating and overseeing educational programs;
- stimulating and encouraging research; encouraging presentation and publication of scientific papers;
- collecting and disseminating information pertinent to the membership;
- publishing a scientific journal and a newsletter;
- and reviewing and establishing policies regarding the professional status, legislative activity, and welfare of its members.
To enhance the art and science of medicine by advancing medical sonography.
Adopted by SDMS Board of Directors, April 2004