The SDMS Resource Center is your library of information to help you with your job. Bookmark this page and start here when looking for information.
indicates a resource that is restricted to current SDMS members only.
- Nuchal Translucency Information
- SDMS does not currently endorse a specific nuchal translucency (NT) program. Information is provided here for the sole purpose of assisting sonographers in gathering additional information about the available programs.
- 10 Steps to Protecting Your Computer
- Your inaction could cause great harm...At home, your identity, your money, and your personal information could be at risk. At work, your patient's medical information could be at risk! The SDMS Information Technology Department has prepared an important article on how you can protect your computer and your personal information. We're asking that all SDMS members read the article.
- Medical Ultrasound Awareness Month - Promotion Guide
- SDMS has prepared a promotion kit to help you get started spreading the word about your profession! It's filled with ideas for promoting Medical Ultrasound Awareness Month and educating the public on your role in the delivery of healthcare.
- SDMS HIPAA Resource Center
- Visit our HIPAA Resource Center with links to information on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Medical Privacy - National Standards to Protect the Privacy of Personal Health Information. The Privacy Rule creates national standards to protect individuals' personal health information and gives patients increased access to their medical records.
- Ultrasound-History Forum & Archives
- A collaborative effort between the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and OBGYN.net. The forum is for individuals involved in the beginning years of medical ultrasound to post recollections and comments about those years. The area will also contain historical articles, images, and interviews with comment links to the forum. Articles, images, and scans can be submitted for peer-review publication, or individuals are welcome to add their recollections or comments about the history of medical ultrasound. It is anticipated that this forum/section will become a "polybiography" (by the many, about the many events) of medical sonographic history.
- Ultrasound & Medicare Reimbursement
- Beginning in 1995, many Medicare Carriers across the United States
began publishing policies which require credentialing or lab accreditation for reimbursement of non-invasive vascular procedures. Today, while the bulk of these reimbursement policies affect vascular technology, some state Medicare Carriers have expanded the language to include other specialty areas.